WHAT IS BUSINESS PLANNING?The creation of a financial model that supports your organizational strategy and goals. It should provide a detailed picture of revenue and funding – earned, contributed, and public, as well as opportunities and expense impacts and help determine potential return and feasibility of concepts, projects, and programs. Business plans are often linked with a strategic plan. We highly recommended a business plan be tied to any master plan update.
Includes revenue and attendance projections, staffing plans, and operational cost impacts.
HOW WE DO ITTenby Group has developed a unique approach to business planning, using a thorough analysis of data that connects your mission with financial excellence. Our work, based on decades of working in the attractions industry and a proprietary set of industry data, will ensure a sound business model, long-term sustainability, and growing returns to be invested back into your programs.
- Gather Data: Data, understood, analyzed, and acted on, can contribute to your organization’s success.
- Analyze: Create a baseline profile and model based on historical performance.
- Benchmark: Compare your performance against industry peers.
- Evaluate: Identify and assess opportunities to increase revenue and manage costs.
- Forecast: Develop realistic attendance and revenue projections scenarios that maximize returns.
WHY TENBY GROUP?
- Data Driven: We use a wealth of historical and industry data including long-term value analysis, constituent modeling, acquisition channel metrics, and more to help guide our recommendations and forecasts.
- Context: We believe firmly in putting data into real-world, actionable context. We don't just tell you 'what,' we tell you 'why.'
- Business Experts: • We've worked not only on the finance side with non-profits, but also for years in the corporate world giving us a different perspective on business modeling.
- Mission Focused: With decades spent in nonprofits, we understand that while being financially sustainable is critical, your organization must always stay true to its mission.